Monday, September 12, 2011

Gearing Up for Soccer

Avery is getting ready to start playing soccer this week in a U4 league (kids turning four in the coming year). He will probably be one of the youngest on the team, but I am hoping he can keep up. As requested by his coach, we got his gear: size 3 ball, shin guards, and cleats. We practiced for the first time today out in the yard and Avery's quote after 5 minutes, "I am the greatest player in the world." I guess we still need to learn about showmanship. I am really looking forward to watching a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds run around after a ball. Should be quite amusing!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a typical almost 4 year old :)! (R always says, "Mom, I'm so beautiful" lol) I bet he will be the best though!

    ReplyDelete